lichess.org
Donate

Entrants must play 100 crazyhouse games on lichess.org

Hi everyone,

In 2021, the CWC organiser team has decided to introduce a new rule which requires each CWC entrant to play 100 crazyhouse games on lichess.org before the tournament matches begin on 1st March 2021. These 100 games can be played against any opponents on lichess.org at any time control.

This serves three main purposes:
1) Having a rating established from a minimum of 100 games per player allows for seedings and rankings to be created appropriately
2) This will help to discourage players entering with multiple accounts, as there should only be one entry from each person
3) For those that are completely new to crazyhouse chess, this is a good way to warm up and get some practice before the tournament begins

If you've already played 100 games on lichess.org, you do not need to play any more in order to play in the Crazyhouse World Championship. However if you have not played 100 games yet, please play 100 games before 1st March 2021 to ensure that you can participate in the tournament.

Regards,
Jann
i am in i have played 106 crazyhouse games i am in does that mean i am in and i have read 1 2 and 3
Interesting and good rule to introduce. I hope none of the participants are entering via multiple accounts. It will be against the spirit of the tournament.
Great initiative! I'd also think in terms of general/recent activity in order to decrease the number of withdrawals, make arrangements easier and stick better to the original schedule.

Also great to see you back competing ;)

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.