lichess.org
Donate

To play with a Maestro

Good evening everyone.
I am just an amateur with a LiChess score below 1400. Is it possible for an amateur to play with a Maestro?
Obviously, for the sole purpose of learning from mistakes.
Thank you.

pgft
<Comment deleted by user>
How can I ask a Maestro for a game? Thank you
I've found it much more instructive to play against players ~100 elo above, rather than 500+. A player who is that much stronger than you is going to see things that you won't even consider, and so I don't know how much you're really likely to learn from a few games, unless that strong player is willing to actually coach you. Rather, a player who is one step up the ladder per se will be an opponent whose game can help you with incremental improvement when you analyze your moves after the fact.
I thank you for the answer.
In fact I had not considered this aspect, which is very right and instructive.

Thank you very much
Play against everybody you want to play with.
Rating is just a number, chess is a game/ sport or however you want to call it, and both should be fun.
@MrPushwood said in #7:
> If you really want to play a maestro, play with Maestro Computer.
Computer sucks. It doesn't help in improving but one boasts about themselves when they win. Also, AI levels here play poor than their level number. Plus, in real life one faces human opponent who is not programmed to blunder every n moves rather for human it's natural to blunder.
I meant a real engine, obviously. Not some piece of junk. And of course it won't really help you (particularly) to improve...but if you're itching to get clobbered, go for it.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.