lichess.org
Donate

choice of color in rated games

If it aint broke, dont fix it.
If some people think its not fair playing white all the time then they do not understand statistics.
If a player is taking white always then his rating is true to him playing white always. If you play him with black then you are facing the correct rating.There is no reason to feel someone is gaining an advantage by playing one colour.
What next, a separate rating for those who play drunk?
beyond this try to ridiculize the other's idea, that could be interesting in fact.

we'll have alcool detectors soon (relatively) in our interfaces connected.

although black rating might be quite similar to white rating for most of us. I'm sure I'll gain 200pts after a drink or two ^^
I think people focus to much on ratings and forget about the main aspect of the game that is to enjoy it
I might spend a week playing only white and then a week playing only black for example, I do not see why the players
have to be forced to play randomly always
just like you can play 960 games if you want, well if I want to play 5 games in a row like trying something the london system
or perhasp the berlin or searching for something, I mean there is a different feeling playing white than black at least with me, like if anyone is testing the sicilian or the dutch why should he play white, It does not make sense
the only objection is that if everybody wants to play white or only one colour but that is not happening
plus cptmajormajor is right the statistics are correct,
although I think It would be cool having two ratings for white and black but It might be too much or maybe not two ratings but a history of ones games divided by colour.
are you introducing a rating for the berlin ?
but with white , not drunk, every monday then
i am waiting for such detailed information ... one day ... somewhere ...
Hello, Lichess Team. Please remove option to choose color in rated variant games. It is very annoying when some people always play as white in atomic chess (having very big advantage every time). And then they just refuse rematches, and create new game (again as white player). After all some of those unfair players they are showing in top ten list. Just leave this option only for casual games. Thank you.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.